Re: [OM] Gary Schloss & The Slotted Screw Zuikos

Subject: Re: [OM] Gary Schloss & The Slotted Screw Zuikos
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:58:09 EDT
Gary writes:

<< This topic has to do with the early "silver mose" Zuikos.  Take a
 look at the lens flange of any of your Zuikos.  It is attached to the
 lens by means of three Philips screws, right?  Well, recently I picked
 up an early silver nose Zuiko 100/2.8, serial no. 1040xx.  Surprise,
 surprise: it has _slotted_ screws.  (Exciting, huh?  I told you so.)

 Now, many manufacturers used slotted screws in their early (and I mean:
 EARLY!) lenses, e.g. Nikon, Konica, etc.  But OM Zuikos? Nah, they are
 too modern, right?  Well, clearly I thought so, but apparently I was
 wrong: some early OM lens batches were either made for Olympus by someone
 else, or were manufactured way, way before the OM bodies were ready.
 So, does anyone else have early OM Zuikos with slottes screws?  Pls
 report. >>

Gary, you are very observant. I discovered that my 100mm/f2.8 E.ZUIKO was a
"M-SYSTEM" lens after using it for about two years. Now you tell me to look
at the mount screws, and sure enough, it has slotted screws. WOW, what next?
(s/n 1012xx in case you wondered)

Regards, Paul Connet