Re: [OM] New T 45 battery?

Subject: Re: [OM] New T 45 battery?
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 23:20:01 -0500
At 11:31 PM 5/25/00 +0200, Lars wrote:
>Hello
>
>I just sold my extra T 45 flash to a guy who had one with a dead battery.
>
>Does anybody know what the price is for a new one in the USA or Australia,
>as they might be cheaper there than here in Europe, where they are quite
>expensive, or does anybody know where to get a cheap battery?
>
>I know these batteries can be repaired, but that is quite expensive, too, I
>think.

They haven't been available for years. Unfortunately both the charger and
the flash have the old crude circuits which destroy NiCd batteries fairly
quickly. I charge mine one stack at a time with a smart charger, the Maha
MH-C777 (http://www.thomas-distributing.com/); and you need to stop using a
pack when any stack falls to 4V. I have two packs, one with a single bad
stack. I want to rebuild it sometime, maybe with NiMH. Don't throw away that
bad pack! Save it for someone to rebuild. Amazingly, for a "pro" flash, no
provision at all was made for using disposable batteries!

You can use a high voltage pack, like a Quantum Turbo, Turbo-Z, or Lumedyne
cycler and a Quantum CO3 cord.

Paul