Re: [OM] photographing polished metal- HELP!

Subject: Re: [OM] photographing polished metal- HELP!
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:28:14 +0200
Hello Mark.

Always difficult to photograph a mirror... ;-)
If you can see your object through the microscope, wouldn't be a good
idea to use the scope for your pictures too? You will have to mount
your camera body (without any lenses) over or on top of the viewing
tube (unless there is a special phototube on your scope). For this
purpose special adapters exist. You can also make one yourself: a
length of tube will do.
Even 'hanging' the camera above the viewing tube in the right distance
from it might work out well, as long as you make sure that no stray
light can enter the camera. No other lenses are needed than the
microscope objective, and perhaps a low magnification eyepiece.

BTW, Olympus has a large set of adapters and special photo-eyepieces
to accomodate the OM-system. But if this is a one-time job, I would
first try to do it without those expensive items.

Good luck,

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.