[OM] Re: Bags for OM System

Subject: [OM] Re: Bags for OM System
From: miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 20:36:43 -0400
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:57:44 EDT
>From: Tarka69@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [OM] Camera Bags.
>
>In a message dated 5/26/00 4:28:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
>amir743@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
><< On account of your recommendation, I got out and bought a new
> Lowepro Mini Trekker. It cost me US$71.50 for a brand new one here in
> Singapore. >>
>You got a good deal!  I priced those out here in the US and was hard pressed
>to find one under $100.  Then I found a Nova 5 for $40, which just couldn't
>be passed up.  Hope you enjoy yours! I just got mine, and I love it.
>
>Evan

Evan, I wanted to publicly thank you for posting about the
http://www.fullerdalberts.com
May sale on Lowepro Nova 5 camera bags. I'd been wanting a larger shoulder
bag for a bit and the timing of your post was excellent. Fuller & d'Alberts
sent out a green Nova 5 for $44.95US including shipping and I got it within
a few days. FWIW, the rep I talked to there said they'd hold the special
for as long as they have stock to anyone who mentions that they heard about
it on this list.

As to the bag itself, when loaded with 15lbs of OM and Zuiko gear it
really, really needs the optional backpack straps. B&H has those for $30US.
Sooooooo, for $75US one can have a large shoulder bag that can also double
as a sort of backpack/butt bag capable of carrying (2) OM SLRs with 6-9
lenses, winder, large flash, mini-tripod, Clampod, cleaning supplies, 12
rolls film and handful of filters. The construction of the bag is up to
Lowepro's usual good standards, but it could greatly bennefit from a more
padded shoulder strap and if the velcro on the inside extended all the way
up it'd make it more versitile. Still, it's a good value for what it is,
especially when compared to the vastly overpriced competition. My favorite
thing to do with it so far is to use it as basic transport to safe location
and then use a fishing/hiking vest for select field excursions from there,
as the bag is really too big and heavy to carry continuously, but does make
a good well padded basic shuttle unit. I'll be thoroughly field testing it,
and the bulk of my OM gear in a few weeks.

Mike Swaim