[OM] Beginner OM-4Ti questions (manuals, inspection, etc.)

Subject: [OM] Beginner OM-4Ti questions (manuals, inspection, etc.)
From: Samu Mielonen <samu@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 18:11:20 +0300 (EET DST)
Hello,

I've just joined this list after having bought (today) an
OM-4Ti and Zuiko 24/2.8 and 50/1.4 used.

Now I have a couple of questions that I need help with and I was hoping
you might be able to help.

First of all, I'd like to give my new used camera a complete
check-up.

I've read the OM SLR FAQ and have done most of the checks
recommended in the FAQ. Are there any other things I should
check or test (mechanics, etc) before putting this into use
and starting to shoot?

Also, I lack the manual so there's a lot of the camera that I can't
figure out. Does anybody know of a place on the web that has
the OM-4Ti manuals online? I've contacted the local importer also,
but while they take their time I'd have loved to browse the manual.

Furthermore, I can't find the Everready 357 batteries here in
Finland (at least not in the common places). Are there any
other brands/names that have the same kind of (calculator?) battery that
is better than the normal silver-oxide 44s sold in most places?

Other than that, I'm still amazed at how small and lightweight
this camera is. It's weird after having held some of the modern Nikon
and Canon models (which were nice, but quite heavy).

Regards,
        Samu

PS I just checked the local Finnish price for the new 200mm/f2 off
the Minolta reseller list. It was c. 50 000 FIM (almost USD $8000).
Phew! :)

--
Copyright 1999 Samu Mielonen. All rights reserved. <samu at usa dot net>
Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Sect. 227, any and all