Re: [OM] Ebay practices

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay practices
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 13:18:29 EDT
burrisja@xxxxxxxx writes:

> I must admit that I don't understand why listing EBAY items is a bad thing,

It's not that it's a "bad" way to do business, BUT.....
The friendly and "proper" way to do it is to offer the item FS to the list
first, then if you can't come to terms with a possible buyer, or there was no
interest in the item, THEN go to eBay. Might even be a heckuva lot easier for
the seller too.

> I personally would appreciate it if someone were to let me know when they
> placed their 180mm f2 or 250mm f2 up for auction so that I could get in on
it.

But you might appreciate it more if someone offered it to you FS first, not
FA, so you could jjust buy it without the hassle of bidding and waiting,
bidding and waiting.

Regards,
George S.