Re: [OM] Photo quality printer

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo quality printer
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 00:04:45 +0000
This is probably not what you want to hear but Epson apparently have a
printer which is due to be released shortly which will be the new 'one to
beat'. - Epson Stylus Photo 2000P

RRP in the UK of 800 quid.

Supposedly capable of 'fine art' levels of reproduction at 1440 dpi on A3
paper and it uses pigments, not ink, which are deposited on the surface of
the paper and do not penetrate and spread.

The article I read said because pigments were used, output would have a
life expectancy of over 100 years.

Giles