Re: [OM] Different List Servers, was List Outage (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Different List Servers, was List Outage (OT)
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 00:14:36 +0000
Date:          Tue, 30 May 2000 12:49:13 -0700

From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 14:48:43 -0500

I belong to a number of egroups hosted lists and the only advertising is a
small tagline added at the end.  No more intrusive than the
sub*scribe/uns*ubscribe at the bottom of almost any list.  egroups
provides full web access, but I generally choose email delivery (just like
this list).  You can make the selection by list, if you belong to more
than one.

It's a wonderful service.  I don't have a connection with them, just a user
and married to the moderator of a list that uses it.

I would suggest that any listowner (this one included) that is trying to
maintain their own listserver, while perhaps having fun at it, is putting in
a lot of unnecessary effort.  Let egroups do it. (just my two cents, please
don't take offense).

Thanks

Tom