[OM] Olympus extension tubes

Subject: [OM] Olympus extension tubes
From: "vivey" <vivey@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 20:50:52 -0500
I just bought three extension tubes made by Olympus and they were in
excellent shape if not new.  I am wondering, when I mated the 25mm and the
14mm together they were tight and didn't slide to the complete mated
position easily.  I stopped and backed up only to find that it had scratched
the surface of one of the rings.  It seems the 25mm has all phillips screws
and on one side they are counter sunk well and dont interfere but on the
other side they seem to be up just enough to have scratched the surface of
the other tube and they are seated completely.  The other two tubes have
flat head screws that are larger diameter and are sunk below the surface
fine.  Can I do anything to repair these, and what can I do about the
scratches, and will the scratches affect  lenses and  the other tubes?  I
would appreciate all thoughts concerning these problems.  I am not very
happy at the moment...  Thanks,
Viv