[OM] (Fwd) Take Anywhere camera suggestions

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) Take Anywhere camera suggestions
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 20:14:42 +0000
From:          "Welliver, H William" <hwellive@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:            "'owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:       Take Anywhere camera suggestions
Date:          Wed, 31 May 2000 11:40:06 -0400

Greetings,

I'm relatively new to this list so please forgive me if I'm asking a FAQ. I've
been using Olympus gear for around 6 years and absolutely love it. However, it's
not always possible to carry an SLR around even one as light as an OM-4. I've
recently missed many opportunities because I had no camera handy,  thus the
reason for my post.

I made the "mistake" of grabbing a Canon APS camera in a moment of weakness and
am in the process of ditching it after realizing that it was not what I wanted
in the first place. At this point, I am considering getting a compact 35mm -
either a point 'n shoot or a rangefinder. This camera would supplement my OM-4
and Rollei TLR for situations when these are not practical. My budget is under
$250 and I'm not opposed to used equipment. I was considering a used Olympus XA
or the Yashica T4 super.

If anyone has comments or suggestions about either of these or if there is
another option I should be considering, I'd be most appreciative. I'm mainly
concerned about things like build and image quality, usability and the like.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Bill
--
H. William Welliver / Intersil Corporation Mountain Top Systems
email: hwellive@xxxxxxxxxxxx / phone: 570.474.6761 x4445