Re: [OM] The URL of my page of the Enschede disaster

Subject: Re: [OM] The URL of my page of the Enschede disaster
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 15:46:57 -0400
Hi Olaf,

Have they determined the cause of the explosion?  I am surprised that so
large an amount of explosive material was allowed inside the city.

I used to live near a fireworks manufacturing establishment (far from any
towns) and was inside a farmhouse there when about five pounds/2.5 kg of
black powder exploded out in the yard in a ball mill that was mixing the
ingredients.  It was quite the experience!  They also had an explosion in a
packing shed when one of the workers wore other than the required cotton
clothing.  They had building scattered all over their property to avoid an
explosion similar to what you experienced.

Gregg

From: Greve, Olaf (Olaf)