Re: [OM] Auto Focus 35-70 f/4 lens on ebay, w/OMPC

Subject: Re: [OM] Auto Focus 35-70 f/4 lens on ebay, w/OMPC
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 19:41:01 EDT
Sorry to be so late commenting on this item. I have had German houseguests
for the last three weeks and have had to stay away from the computer for long
periods of time...and the list has been really active!
I bought one of these last year..got it at a local pawn shop for $115 so
thought I'd play with it for a while. It is interesting in that it works on
any OM body, however it has serious limitations on the auto-focusing in low
light as it has no infrared sensor to help it, so, when dark, it doesn't
focus. Could be a problem? You can, of course, use the zoom buttons to
manually focus it, but then, why drag around that huge boxy lens for that?
I am keeping it for now as a novelty..I'll go thru Ebay's archives and see
how much it went for!
Susan

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA