Re: [OM] Amateur Photograpy May 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] Amateur Photograpy May 2000
From: Alasdair Mackintosh <Alasdair.Mackintosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 12:50:26 +0100
Wiliam Wagenaar wrote:

> I have inquired in all local bookshops near my home. No one of them can sell
> me the may 2000 issue of Amateur Photographer (The issue that has the
> article on the OM-4Ti being the best camera in the world).

I read the article in my local library, having missed it at the newsagent. It
can be summarised thus:

"I'm a landscape photographer. I want to travel light, so I use Olympus
equipment. I started with an OM-1, recently borrowed an OM-4Ti, and liked it so
much that I bought one. I don't miss auto-focus. The spot-metering is great. It
would be nice to have a proper 'off' switch."

The accompanying photographs are good, but the text doesn't really say a great
deal to people who are already familiar with the benefits of the OM system. I'm
not sure it is worth investing a great deal of effort to obtain a copy.

For a similar, and to my mind fractionally better article, see:

http://www.phototechmag.com/previous-articles/jul-dubler99.htm

Alasdair