Re: [OM] Photo quality printer (Ink refill)

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo quality printer (Ink refill)
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:09:28 +0100
James Kiker wrote:
    >I've had good luck refilling my own Lexmark Inkjet cartridges with ...
black ink, but they also sell color.  I've refilled the black probably 10
times, and I still have over half the bottle left.  The bottle cost just a
little more than one replacement cartrige from Wal-Mart.  The ink seems as good
as the original, and I've been using the original cartridge this whole time,
with good results.

    Yes, Lexmark cartridges are particularly easy to refill, black or colour -
I used to refill my old H-P cartridges but that was much messier. I get my ink
from JR in the UK, and they're helpful when responding to emailed queries. My
Lexmark 7000 prints excellent photos but I haven't done any direct comparisons
with other printers. The build quality I can't rave about, however. It's been
replaced once for poor paper handling and the 'new' one, actually marked
"Service Replacement," doesn't cap the cartridge heads properly, and a small
serrated wheel broke free of the platen and jammed under a newly refilled
colour cartridge, wrecking the head.

    Regards,
    Keith Berry
    (Birmingham, England)