Re: [OM] Photo software (was photo quality printers)

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo software (was photo quality printers)
From: Andy Beals <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 14:53:59 -0700
Of course, it also depends on what you want to do.  I found that the consumer
version of PhotoDeluxe [another Adobe product] that came with my D-620L was
pretty good.  The PD Pro [or "Business Edition"?] that came with my HP 6250
scanner was just as good and had a few more knobs.  I found PD Home Edition to
be quite adequate for the usual color-corrrection, red-eye removal [click:
it's gone] and occasional creative "take the flash off of the eyeglasses so
the subject has two eyes" work.  [Not my original photo, just needed to clean
it up so it looked nice.  I'm pretty sure I have the "Before" and "After"s if
anyone's interested.]

The weeniness of the 620's focus has driven me just about nutso enough to say
"f(waiting_for_the_3500)" and replace it with a 2500 soonest.  I mean, I'm
taking a flash exposure with a mondo-sized external flash.  Why the heck
doesn't it simply stop waaay down and use a longer exposure?  There's plenty
of light to be had.