Re: [OM] Ever (Never) Ready OM cases

Subject: Re: [OM] Ever (Never) Ready OM cases
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 00:52:37 -0700
Rand E. <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>A recent submit on the list prompted me to check something out.  I
>have at least 5 OM camera cases of the ever/never ready type, 4 of them
>are different from each other and I'm not referring to the long nose
>tele types or the winder/MD types or the special model types OMG/PC etc.
>Here is a breakdown of the couple that I have:
>
># stamped   Color    Surface      Nose Type   Logo Type  Inside Pocket
>on bottom
>1.8H        Dk Brn   smooth       tapered     Chrome      no
>1.4N        Dk Brn   fine grain   stepped     chrome      Yes
>1.4N        Dk Brn   fine grain   tapered     chrome      yes
>none        Lt Brn   smooth       tapered     chrome      yes
>none        Blk      pebbled      stepped     chrome      no
>
>Yes Gary, even though you've been gone, there are still new topics to
>analyze and collect data on.

Absolutely!  Good one, Rand E.!  I agree -- this is an important topic,
with solid OM content, and it hasn't been adequately covered on this list.
Most important, it continues -- fittingly, one might quip, the list's
current all consuming fascination with OM leather... :-) :-)

The above table is a great start, however I would like to add a few
more categories to consider (no, not whips and handcuffs, you perv's):

(a) connection to camera: tripod screw or straplets around lugs?
(b) real leather or leatherette?
(c) type and color of lining.

Soooo, who will volunteer to compile the data?  I'm riveted to my
computer monitor, quivering in anticipation for the final results.
:-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx