[OM] Film Loading Method.

Subject: [OM] Film Loading Method.
From: sunil manga <ameteep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 14:22:43 +0530
Hi List MEMBERS,
Ref. mis-adventures of Mr.T,MOYNIHAN and others in film loading in OM cameras.
After 35 years in Photography starting with LEICA M3 and Now at OM4Ti, I have
settled on the following method of FILM LOADING.
Hold the Film cassette in your left hand, force-feed the leader into
the film-catch on the wind side.
While holding the cassette wind the film twice with the wind lever.
NOW pull cassette to the left and drop it in its cavity. Push the rewind shaft
down and close the back.
YOU are now ready for a guaranteed 36 exposures.

Also if YOU develop film yourself,
the art of opening a film-cassette and loading film onto a STEEL REEL in the
dark is frustrating, as sometimes, maybe mostly, the film is mis-guided onto its
track. Result bad Development.
Now try this, take out the film leader with a film-puller in the light.
Trim film end as required for the STEEL REEL.
Switch off light.
While holding the cassetee in your Left hand , roll the Steel Reel with your
right till the film ends.
Cut end with a scissor.
Result perfect loading of Steel Reel.
I know purists will say, one can scratch the filmm by passing it once again
through the light trap, BUT Hey, I have no problems with scratched negatives.
Try this and write your experience on the OLYMPUS List/DIGEST.
Sunil Manga.