[OM] OM Blues

Subject: [OM] OM Blues
From: Ralph Nitschke <ralph_nitschke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 11:03:11 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings all,

After a long absence, I've just recently re-subscribed
to the list to get a sense of how things are in the
Oly world.  Although I love my 4Ti, it is suffering
from an annoying problem - a black strip shows up on
the bottom of the prints.  I suspect it is a problem
with the mirror.  As I mentioned, I love the camera
and, along with the original OM1MD I acquired back in
'81, I have a handful of accessories (24/2.8, 50/1.8,
100/2.8, 180/2.8, 35-105/3.5 - 4.5, F280, Winder 2,
Bounce Grip 2, T32 and a couple of Tokina zooms).

I was faced with the dilemma of deciding whether to
fix the 4Ti and the now broken BG2, and CLA the OM1 or
do the unthinkable and trade-in the Oly system for
another system.  However, after having read the
glowing review in 'Amateur Photography' and all the
warm Oly vibes on the list - I think instead I'll pack
up the 4Ti and send it down to Camtech for an
overhaul.

Then again...

Cheers,

Ralph