[OM] "kak.hta" worm - how to rid

Subject: [OM] "kak.hta" worm - how to rid
From: burrisja@xxxxxxxx
Date: 05 Jun 2000 21:33:24 -0800
Cc:
To the PC users out there.

I just discovered this worm on my harddrive as well located in my startup file.
 The file is
called "kak.hta" and it will cause a memory failure as well as inhibiting the
computer's re-start
process.  The best way to get rid of this file is to have your anti-virus
program do a scan on
your startup folder located at c:\windows\startmenu\programs\startup   and
hopefully the
program will recognize it.  You can then use the program to remove the file.

You should also be able to remove the file on your own by accessing the file
directly and
manually deleting the "kak.hta" file.  I would recommend using an anti-virus
program though
and many can be found for free on the web.

James Burris