Re: [OM] A thief who came for dinner (was: inexpensive items FS)

Subject: Re: [OM] A thief who came for dinner (was: inexpensive items FS)
From: Andy Beals <bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 15:55:43 -0700
Cc: bandy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Gary reminds us that the archives are easily available on the net...and hence
anything posted here.

I'm pretty paranoid.   I try to list my po box in public areas.  I have no
mention of my family on my public web page.  That's just the way I am.

A good friend of mine moved to the country in Oregon, where he could indulge
in his old rusty british sportscars collecting/racing hobby.  I went to his
web page and saw all sorts of info on his daughter [same age as mine] as well
as photos of his cars rusting.

I called him up and gave him the "You don't know who's looking.  Someone might
want to do something horrible to your daughter." speech.  He laughed.  He says
his mom gave the same speech ... but about the cars.

We all have our levels of comfort and privacy, but a brief reminder now and
then wouldn't hurt.

[like the pointer to the web page at the bottom of every email here!  I found
out about the list via an altavista search for pen info]