Re: [OM] Photodo lens sharpness ratings

Subject: Re: [OM] Photodo lens sharpness ratings
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:42:59 EDT
frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< The MTF-Testing Method uses a MTF Testing arramgement without cameras. >>

If their test is done with electronic sensor only, this is more
reproduceable/objective but it may be that the lens design includes some
correction for curvature of film flatness inherent in the way film is held by
the camera back. I seem to remember this is particularly true for medium
format cameras with roll film backs.  If you shoot in rapid succession you
get different lens resolution since the film does not have time to
settle/creep from it's rolled position. I seem to remember that John
Hermanson mentioned that the OM film pressure plate "tuning" changed over the
OM production. This is yet another variable for Gary's lens resolution
testing!

          Tim Hughes