Re: [OM] OM-4T or OM-4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T or OM-4Ti
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:13:15 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 7 Jun 2000 06:27, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Pauls0627@xxxxxxx writes:
>> > When the Ts made for OA ran out, they imported Tis.
>>
>>  That's what I thought, but didn't the OM-4Ts run out a long time ago? If
>so,
>>
>>  then why is fairly new Olympus literature discussing OM-4Ts and OM-4Tis
>>  together?
>>
>One possible explanation-  perhaps the person who put together the info page
>really doesn't know that many details about Olympus 35 mm. It seems Olympus
>treats 35 mm like a troublesome step-child anyway...

>George S.

Actually, most of the PDF files on the web are created from scanned
images of real documents.  So the person who created the PDF files
probably just scanned an older OM brochure which was current when
there was a 4T and 4Ti still in production (or it was used as the
basis for the creation of the PDF files).  And as George said, the
person who created it probably was not too knowledgable about the
OM system and therefore did not edit the document to bring it up to
date.  I wouldn't read too much into the 4T/4Ti thing.
        -Dan