[OM] Seeking Winder2 DIY Repair Advice

Subject: [OM] Seeking Winder2 DIY Repair Advice
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 11:36:00 -0700
I recieved 2 "dead" Winders (one is a 1 the other a 2) from a list
member (thanks Tom!) to see what I could do to get them going in hopes
of keeping one for a good price. To preface this message, I am not a
hack when it comes to repairing small electro-mechanical things as I
have vast factory technical experience and training in areas of consumer
electronic repair (including video cameras). That said, I do not profess
to knowing much about camera repair (and have a high degree of
admiration of those like John who do). I took on the winders becuase I
felt like I could give them a go without worry of further damaging them.

So far so good. Both had bad battery pack contacts (inside the battery
packs) with the common side battery springs loose/falling out. Cleaned
up and repaired the contacts and now both drives work...well sorta. The
Winder 1 works great. The Winder 2 spins gears (slips) when the
camera/winder is upside down and the winder is trying to advance the
film. Right side up it is okay, sideways it is hit and miss. I have not
yet dug in deep enough to see what exactly is slipping or why. I thought
I would toss this out to the list just in case someone else has already
BTDT with one of these. TIA for any advice you all may have.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com