Re: [OM] REMOTE FOR WINDER 1

Subject: Re: [OM] REMOTE FOR WINDER 1
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:58:00 -0700
Suggestions please  --  Is there a wireless remote trigger that will plug
into the Winder 1?

There are expensive, radio controlled ones made especially for pro photographers with lots of money, and then there's the Radio SHack way...

They have a little thing that sounds a beep when it detects motion, using a passive IR detector. It goes on sale every now and then for under $25 or so. Stick a small relay across the speaker leads, and presto: instant Winder trigger from a moving, living object!

I got some great cat candids this way, but have never tried it on "serious" wildlife. I originally cobbled this together to point at a bird feeder, but never got around to it.

Perhaps not quite what you were looking for, but maybe it will get your brain headed in the right direction...

  I would like to do some nature photography with OM2,
telephoto and Winder 1.  I want to be able to trigger the camera/winder from
about 75 to 100 feet away.  Ideas?

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>