Re: [OM] Zuiko lenses - a BEGINNER question

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko lenses - a BEGINNER question
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 00:22:46 +0200
: I've been lurking on this list for only a while, but
: now that I've noticed that my 24mm and 50mm aren't enough

: So, does anybody know what are commong going prices used/new
: for the following lenses and what are the chances of finding
: them (esp. on the net):
:
: 90mm f/2 macro MC
: 100mm f/2 MC
: 180mm f/2 MC
: 250mm f/2 MC
: Olympus 1.4X teleconverter

The lenses you name are extremely expensive, both new and used, and
difficult to find used.
Typical prices for new equipment in Dutch Guilders (you do the conversion),
end 1999:
90/2:   2800
100/2:  2550
180/2: 18000
250/2: 27000 ; the 350/2.8 is in the same price range
1.4xA:  1600

Used, the 90/2, 100/2 and 1.4xA typically and roughly go for half the new
price, and the fast superteles for something like Hfl.5000~10000

My advice would be to start with more common tele lenses that are also very
fine lenses and *much* cheaper: the 85/2 and 135/2.8. A very economical
alternative for the 180/2 is the (discontinued) Tamron 180/2.5 which goes
for less than Hfl.1000.

: Also, if anybody has ever seen or ... behold actually used,
: one of the following:

: Tokina 80-200mm f/2.8 AT-X

A very fine lens, love it.

Hnz