Re: [OM] REMOTE FOR WINDER 1

Subject: Re: [OM] REMOTE FOR WINDER 1
From: Bill Jones <jonesw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 20:27:23 -0600
Dave Dougherty wrote:
> Suggestions please  --  Is there a wireless remote trigger that will plug
> into the Winder 1?  I would like to do some nature photography with OM2,
> telephoto and Winder 1.  I want to be able to trigger the camera/winder from
> about 75 to 100 feet away.  Ideas?

I have one, although as I recall its range is more like 25 feet.  Runs
on six button cells.

Made in China, came in a box marked "Wireless Shutter Set", no brand
name outside but "Kenetic Electronics Ltd." on the FCC ID stickers.
Quoting the fine print on the back, "This Wireless Shutter Set can be
used with the following Ricoh Cameras:  Mirai, Mirai 105, Shortmaster
Zoom, FF-7, XRM."  The Winder 1 happens to use the same plug as these,
and perhaps others.