[OM] Light meters?

Subject: [OM] Light meters?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 14:55:37 +0200 (MET DST)
Hiya all,

for a long time have I been considering getting a hand-held light-meter to
suplement those, build tinto the OM's in those really hard lightening
situations. A recent acquicition of a medium format camera has emphasized
the usefullness of sucha deci. However in my many years of photography, I
have never had the chance to use such meters much.

I know, that - whenever possible - I use the spot-meter functionqlity of
the OM2s/p or OM4's, and that I therefore might gain the most from buying
a spot-meter (thus adding spot-capability tothe  OM1, 2, 30), but I do not
know anything about brands, models, prices and which features are usefull
abd which are not (e.g. most more advanced and expensive meers come zith
"flash metering" - is that usefll or just a buzz-word? I never take much
flash-pictures....)

So what are the opinions? Which features should I make sure I get, which
models and brands are good , what price-range is ok for such? Is it worth
buying used, or should I definitely go for "new" ??

Hope someone can help

--thomas