Re: [OM] Altering a 2 Series Screen for OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Altering a 2 Series Screen for OM-1
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 09:39:39 -0500
Cc: lgriffin@xxxxxxxx, garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 10:05 PM 6/10/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>At 03:33 PM 6/10/2000 -0500, Joel Wilcox wrote:
>>Oly Shooters,
>>
>>I want to alter a 2-series screen for use in my OM-1MD. This means somehow
>>removing the right side of the tab.
>>
>>Anyone done this who can suggest a clean, sure method?
>
>Joel:
>
>Rubber or other gloves (nitrile are good) to grip the screen with, and a
jeweler's file.

>Garth

Thanks Garth and also Larry G. for your suggestions.

Well, I got impatient and went ahead on my own. Here's what I did.  I slit
the wrapping that the screen comes in just at the end of the tab so that
the tab would slip through the slot in the wrapper. So I more or less left
the wrapper on to do the job.  Then I used my bench grinder.  It was
actually quite easy to control and this allowed me to grind down within
half a MM from flush with the screen.  A little further hand work with a
file and it works apparently quite well. A spritz of canned air cleared a
couple errant crumbs.

>P.S.: Don't forget to drink a good Gewurztraminer afterwards to calm your
>jangled nerves.  8^>

Stone City Pale Ale (local small brewery) is what went down around here,
and I was ready for it. :)

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA