Re: [OM] Light meters?

Subject: Re: [OM] Light meters?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 19:00:56 +0000
At 14:31 6/11/00 , I wrote:
>*The* name with greatest name recognition for light meters today is Gossen,
>just as Weston was *the* name 30 and 40 years ago.

Oops; forgot!  What do I use?
Weston Ranger 9; spot meter, wide by today's standards, but works for me.
Weston Master V; mostly incident readings using the invercone diffuser.

Also have an old G.E. PR-1 with incident diffuser, mostly for nostalgia as
it's what my dad used for over 30 years.  Beautiful dials, built like a
tank, and still works.

None of these meters have the low end range of the Gossen's, but the best
part of the Master V (and G.E.) is no batteries.  All three are classics.

-- John
(who is very tempted at times to get a Luna-Pro SBC)