[OM] OM 10 mirror problem

Subject: [OM] OM 10 mirror problem
From: "Diamantina" <pegasus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 14:15:30 +1000
Hope someone can help me with this problem.

When I press the shutter release my OM10s shutter opens for an inordinately
long period of time, sometimes 10 to 30 seconds or many minutes, or
permanently before closing.  During this time the shutter is open and the
mirror is fully up.  If I remove the battery cover the shutter closes and
the mirror comes down. And if I operate without batteries it sounds like the
shutter opens and closes okay.  I have just added 2 new Energizer A76
alkaline 1.5 volt cells, but this hasn't helped.  I'm presuming the problem
is electronic rather than mechanical.

I've searched the archives for mirror stuck problems, but these all seem to
refer to the mirror in a half-open position.  The minimum service cost here
in Australia is more than the cost of a body, so professional repair doesn't
seem like an option.  I'd much prefer to keep this camera which has
travelled far and wide with me over the past 22 years without a problem
(except when the batteries went dead in the cold of Norway's fjords).

All suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Atkinson
pegasus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx