RE: [OM] Vivitar Series 1, 28-90MM

Subject: RE: [OM] Vivitar Series 1, 28-90MM
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:03:22 -0400
Ed,
I have this lens for my OM gear, my father-in-law has the same one for his
Nikon stuff.
Great lens, does require some refocusing when changing focal lengths, but is
very sharp and contrasty.
Love the 2.8 to focus with!

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

A friend of mine has offered to sell me a Vivitar Series 1 28-90 MM 2.8 -
3.5 macro lens. The lens is in perfect condition and doesn't look like it
has ever been used. I'm not sure how old it is but it still has the old
"passed" sticker on it. Probably made in the late 70's or early 80's.
Anyway, is anyone familiar with this lens? I know some of the Vivitar lenses
are good some not so good. He told me I could have the lens for what ever
amount I thought was fair. I don't know how much to offer him and I can't
find anything about the lens at Photodo. Thanks for the advice.