[OM] (Another) Filter query....

Subject: [OM] (Another) Filter query....
From: "Windrim, Brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:56:40 +0100
Simon E. wrote:

>> Mark Staiger wrote:
>>
>> >Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had any
>> >problems with vignetting using a zuiko 28 mm f3.5
>> >and the Cokin A filter size type holders.
>>
>> I've used the Cokin A-series with a Zuiko 24/2.8 with no problems, so
IMHO
>> you should be okay. As an aside, I did suffer vignetting (though not
>> personally ;-) ) when using a normal 49mm thread polariser and the Zuiko
>> lens hood.

I'm impressed that the A-series holder works with a 24mm. I presume
that a 21mm would be out of the question?

This brings up a related question that I've been meaning to ask the list:
What experiences and/or recommendations do people have regarding the choice
and use of graduated neutral-density filters?

The Cokin "A" system appeals on grounds of cost and compactness, but I need
to use the 21mm. I've also heard it said the the Cokin ND-grads have a
noticable colour cast, which would be true for the "P" system as well.

Lee (made in the UK) are rather more expensive for something that I may
not get very much use out of.

Any others?

I'm concerned with:

Image degradation (i.e. loss of sharpness)
Colour distortion
Vignetting
Cost
Portability