Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1, 28-90MM

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1, 28-90MM
From: johncw@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:12:24 -0700

George S. wrote:

>Ed,
>Grab that lens, you won't regret it. I have it, and it's probably the one
>non-Zuiko that I have that I would never part with. Useful zoom range,
fair
>speed, and all-metal construction, but the real reason is the images- nice
>"snap" to them. As far as price, I'd say they go for $70- $125. So, if
he's a
>real friend, you should offer somewhere in the lower end. I'd estimate the
>manufacture date to be early - mid 80's. Seems (to me) everything in the
70's
>was 35-70 mm, then came 28-70, then 28-80...

I bought the Series 1 28-70 f3.5-4.5 in the mid '80's and probably will
never part with it. It has a 62mm filter size. I have not You will not be
disappointed if the condition is as you describe. The filter size actually
gives away the age of the Series 1 lens. The old-old ones had the 67 mm
filter, old-new had 62mm and the newer ones have 58mm. Doesn't really
matter, I guess, they are still excellent lenses. My $0.02