[OM] Import Duty/VAT to UK

Subject: [OM] Import Duty/VAT to UK
From: Richard Dale <Richard.Dale@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:40:03 +0100
I'd like to buy a new OM4TI (if I can get one for say $1199, e.g. at B & H
and maybe a case and 2-4 screen) in the US

trouble is I'll have to pay import duty (8%) and VAT 17.5% when it arrives
in the UK

is there any way of avoiding this (most dealers would send the item as
merchandise and the carrier would collect the duty)

i suppose no dealer would send goods marked as a gift

can anyone suggest anything

OM4 Tis are £1200 in the UK, taxes paid

please EM me direct

(this is because I'm using my work PC and don't want to receive the 100s of
EMs generated)

Thanks

Richard

 -----Confidentiality Notice-----
This Communication and the information it contains:-
(a) Is intended only for the person(s) or organisation(s) named above
and for no other person(s) or organisation(s)
(b) May be confidential, legally privileged and protected in law.
Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful.
please contact us immediately by email at administrator@xxxxxxxxxx