Re: [OM] beginner lens question

Subject: Re: [OM] beginner lens question
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:12:15 EDT
>Now for the dumb questions...(weren't we all told there were no dumb
ones?...i think they lied to us)...
>I have been looking at Popular Photography and have noticed that there
aren't any ads for Zuiko lenses.  I guess my first question is: are
these proprietary lenses for OM bodies?  are there other lenses that
can be used on my OM-PC? I assume also that the Zuiko is a premium
brand lens?  Sorry for the frshman questions but I figured I would use
the collective knowledge of the masses...

"Zuiko" is Olympus' own brand name for thier lenses. There are Zuiko
lenses for OM System cameras, Pen F cameras, point and shoot cameras
(XA, Stylus, etc), and others Olympus cameras and optical devices that
I don't know about. Olympus makes Zuiko lenses for OM system cameras
and no other SLR 35mm cameras. You can get lenses from Sigma, Tokina,
Tamron, etc that have OM mounts for use on OM system cameras.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright