And I finally bought.....(was: Re: [OM] Light meters?)

Subject: And I finally bought.....(was: Re: [OM] Light meters?)
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 01:17:10 +0200 (CEST)
A Sekonic Flashmate L308B. A nice little flash-meter without much bells
and whistles, but with the basic (Ambient & reflected, flash with and
w.o. chord) necessities and a nice, readable digital display/scale.

The decission was in part based on thoughts and reccomendations from the
list-members (thanks to all), part on studying the available info on the
WWW.

Among the features which attracted me by this model was, that - in most
respects - it is like an OM: very small and handy, easy to handle and with
just "what I need" rather than a ton of features to clutter useability
(yeah yeah, I know....). The price was about $250 or thereabouts for a
brand new device (Well, 2000FF, apply the universal currency converter if
you must). It's not a spot-meter, which is - as far as I can see - the
only down-side, but I am confident that I can overcome that without any
problems.

Many thanks to all who gave advices - they've all been most helpfull.

--thomas