[OM] winder 1 woes

Subject: [OM] winder 1 woes
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 08:28:24 EDT
Well, I had the dreaded "spinning like a crazed hamster" effect on this
Winder 1. After finding out that the problem was some dried up grease,
I decided to investigate. Low and behold, I found that the "grease" on
the swinging carriage was now basically solid and had to be scraped off
with a small tool. So, I first tried lithium grease, and that was
worse, so I searched around the house, considered alternates (hmm, toe
cheese? ear wax? nah....) and found an old tube of heat sink compound.
It appeared to be sufficiently stiff to do the job (er, you know what I
mean I hope.....). Sure enough it seems to work flawlessly, except now
I have a new problem. I hate it when that happens. You go to fix one
thing and something else breaks. The new problem is that, with the
winder attached to a camera, the moment I turn the power switch to
"single" (ON, in other words), it starts firing off frame after frame
sequentially regardless of whether I press the release button. The only
way to stop it is to either pull the batteries or turn it off. I
inspected all the wires and they seemed fine. I was very careful in
assembly and disassembly. Got really good at it too. So, anyone have an
idea? Anyone have a schematic??? HELP!!!

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright