Re: [OM] Zuiko 28mm/f2.0: Shades & Coatings

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 28mm/f2.0: Shades & Coatings
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:16:14 +0200
: > them. I may add them in the future. Just say please ;)
: >
: Please!

Louder! I can't heaaaaar youuuuuuuuuu....

Ok, ok, 'nuf said, I'll see when I have time and energy to scan and add the
lens cross section diagrams. I think I have all of them, MF, AF and PF.
Maybe not all different versions.

The DOF tables are a different story. Not only are many of them missing, I
also don't see a point in publishing them. No one will ever use them.
Besides, they're not typical properties of Zuiko lens design, only of focal
length, aperture and distance (the three of them combined into magnification
ratio).

How about adding a generic DOF page to the e-sif that contains an online
calculator that let's you enter these three parameters and calculates the
DOF ranges?

All I need is a Java Script writing volunteer that can implement the
following simple formulas and put it in a neat form:

a) hyperfocal distance  H = (F*F) / f*0.033
b) short end DOF distance = (H*u) / H + (u-F)
c) long end DOF distance  = (H*u) / H - (u-F)

H = hyperfocal distance
F = focal distance
f = aperture
u = distance

Hans van Veluwen

mailto:hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx

The Unofficial Olympus Sales Information File
http://www.esif.cjb.net

The Olympus OM Webring
http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=OlympusOM;list

Personal site