[OM] Neither! Says I.

Subject: [OM] Neither! Says I.
From: miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 22:43:01 -0400
Tonight I arrived a bit early for the first night of a photojournalism
class. Another student showed up early and the first words out of her mouth
after getting my name were, "Soo, are you a Nikon person or a Canon
person?" I was grateful when more students showed up and we delved into
more relevent discussions like how it feels when you show somebody your
pics and they ignore the lighting and composition only to ask what kind of
camera you use or how much it cost. Sheez.

So the informal, unspoken race is on between the pedantic and the yupsters
w/their N-something wonderbricks and their Beemers, and the rag-tag guy
with his rag-tag bag of beater OM's. ;-) The class got off to a slow start
but I'm encouraged that at the end of tonight's bit the instructor was
handing out Tri-X and TMAX like popcorn. "Here have some. Do you have
enough? Take some more rolls." Yeehaw. Time for some Maitani Magic.

Mike Swaim