Re: [OM] Photodo lens sharpness ratings

Subject: Re: [OM] Photodo lens sharpness ratings
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:05:38 PDT
Jan Steinman sayeth:
My favorite LF shots are with a foreground and background subjects in
sharp focus, but with a soft, bokeh-filled middle-ground -- try that
by stopping-down a 35mm lens!<

I'm seeing some fascinating commercial photography these days that really utilizes the range of focusing planes that only cameras with tilt, shift and swing movements can accomplish - things that simply are not possible with a standard 35mm rig.

The whole notion of trying to debate in absolute terms the sharpness of 35mm vs. MF vs. LF reminds me of that old trick question about which is heavier, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead.

...and:
While it is true that it's a poor craftsman who blames his tools, I think it's a poorer one who can't tell them apart...<

Wish I'd said that. In fact, I probably will and won't give you any credit for it. ;>

Lex