RE: [OM] how's the weather??

Subject: RE: [OM] how's the weather??
From: Sean.Chan@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:10:29 +0900 (JST)
Gidday Wayne,

> Sean wrote:
>
> > Try Roxby Downs' Olympic Dam or Andamooka, both in South Australia, or
> > Telfer in Western Australia :-). I've done my fair share of stint in
> > the great Aussie outback minesites.
> >

> I'm heading up to the Flinders ranges in a week or so, not expecting too
> much heat in June/July.  Got any good tips for photographic subjects in the
> area ?
>
> Wayne Harridge
> Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
> http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/

I have to admit I didn't see much of Flinders, but I did drive through
there a couple of times to/fro Olympic Dam & Adelaide (let's just say
that spending too much time in a mine can drive you crazy, so ever long
weekend we had, we'd drive down to Adelaide).

I did go through Clare/Barossa Valley and stopping through a few wineries
is a definite *must*. But apart from that, I didn't see anything too
exciting. But Port Augusta is not to my liking - in fact I don't have many
pleasant things to say about it.

Personally, I enjoyed the Simpson Desert, Lake Eyre, Lake Torrens, and
the Oodnadatta Track more than Flinders. But that's because I lived
in OD and could actually tour/camp around there.

A tip for your photographic equipment, make sure you have a very well
sealed case for it - red dust will get in *very* easily. In fact that's
a general tip for any Australian desert.

Sean
--
Sean Chan         Sean.Chan@xxxxxxxx       http://www.msdw.co.jp
EI/UNIX IT Dept.  +81 3 5424-4318 (W)        +81 3 5424-4399 (F)