Re: [OM] Zuiko 28mm/f2.0: Shades & Coatings

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 28mm/f2.0: Shades & Coatings
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:42:21 +0200
On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 11:16:14PM +0200, Hans van Veluwen wrote:
> : > them. I may add them in the future. Just say please ;)

> How about adding a generic DOF page to the e-sif that contains an online
> calculator that let's you enter these three parameters and calculates the
> DOF ranges?

What exact is e-sif?

> All I need is a Java Script writing volunteer that can implement the
> following simple formulas and put it in a neat form:

I´ve already seen such a calculator in the web. - But it seem`s it`s not
acessable at the moment.
The link to it was (German site):
http://www.mayn.de/home/ebaumann/links/links.schaerfentieferechner.html

> a) hyperfocal distance  H = (F*F) / f*0.033
> b) short end DOF distance = (H*u) / H + (u-F)
> c) long end DOF distance  = (H*u) / H - (u-F)

I´ve done calculations DOF with  a spreadsheed. But there were always slight
differences
compared to the data in the Oly-doc`s. Mostly with respect to close focusing.
Mabe Olympus payed attention to optical design?

Frieder Faig