[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1683

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1683
From: "Rick Beckrich" <RBeckric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 16:03:22 -0400
Wow... that brought me out of the closet...whoops, the digest... when Jan
Steinman said:
"....and it's probably possible to do photojournalism with a 4X5... (I know, he
molified it later with the Weegie comment)  my instant, crumudgeon response
was...

"Hell man, we invented photojournalism with the Graphic!". Which may or may not
be true,
 but I shot news, fires, crime and sports with a hand-held 4X5 at fuddy-duddy
film speeds.

Tripods were for studio and other artsy-fartsy 'salon' photographers.

 Would I trade my Kowa or OM's (obligatory content) and go back to large format?
 No way... although that big box was handy to hide behind both in Korea and on
the
 hometown streets of Gary, Indiana.

NT: With the hassle of getting batteries for my Om-1MD, and the whoa prices for
alternative solutions... imagine my surprise at finding Energizer AC675E
ZINC-AIR
1.4V @ 4 for $4.92 in that exotic marketplace for the elite, Giant Foods,
today..

The size fits my old Konica C35, wonder if I can make it work in the OM-1?

Rick, back to his cave in Virginia, US of A