RE: [OM] Lightining

Subject: RE: [OM] Lightining
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:43:43 +0800
Jan wrote:

> It seems to me that this approach would be much too slow to be of any
> use, unless there are multiple strikes. I don't have the numbers
> handy, but I seem to recall lightning is a millisecond phenomena,
> whereas it will take a horizontal cloth shutter 18 mS just to open.
> Or do I remember wrong?

I was thinking the same thing, first you have a mechanical lag between
closing the contact for the winder and actually firing the shutter release,
the lag between firing the shutter release and starting to move the fp
shutter curtain (raising the mirror, stopping down the lens, etc.) then the
time for the curtain to uncover the film.  I would guess that the total lag
might be 50-100 milliseconds (it's got to be less than 200 for sure).

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/