Re: [OM] Prefire Technical mod on OM4(T) [vibration control]

Subject: Re: [OM] Prefire Technical mod on OM4(T) [vibration control]
From: "Tom Trottier" <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:15:48 -0400
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Eric,

At 2000 June 16 - Friday 7:06, Eric Pederson <epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
spoke about *Re: [OM] Prefire Technical mod on OM4(T)...* saying

> Truth is, I'm usually on such a shaky tripod (to save weight) and in such
> an awkward position (to photograph something on the ground) that I usually
> use a cable. In your experience, how much has the dampening of your hands
> offset the mirror induced vibrations?

I can't really say. Others? Perhaps we should carry some beanbags
full of lead shot...

I often prefer the self timer on the OM4, which prefires mirror &
diaphragm, unless I'm in a hurry or the wind's up, or the moment is
fleeting. I seldom use a cable release.

I often hang my camera bag on the tripod to sturdy it, or hold the
tripod instead of the camera.

Another technique, on tripod or handheld, is to hold the camera
between thumb and finger, so that you squeeze the shutter release
between them, rather than just applying pressure from one side.

Tom