Re: [OM] Photodo lens sharpness ratings

Subject: Re: [OM] Photodo lens sharpness ratings
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 03:05:23 -0500
Jan Steinman wrote:
>Whew! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who misinterpreted Tom's
>comment! Thanks, Ken, for making my reply seem mild! :-)

I wasn't dis'ing him, but those "I've gotta justify my small-format camera
somehow" types.  Tom was just "quoting" from an article.  I like him and
think that anybody who rides bicycles is an OK person.

It is very hard for a Canon EOS-1n or Nikon F5 owner to recognize that
his/her axe of choice isn't necessarily the best tool for every situation.

It used to be, when I first started out in this photography industry that
the medium format pros almost always had a Minolta as their 35mm of choice.
 Now it seems like it's the Canon A2 that is the common 35mm axe.  35mm
pros tend to gravitate towards the full-blown Nikon F4/F5 or EOS-1n bodies.

Speaking of such, the other day I saw a working pro carry his camera
through the office I was waiting in.  It was so banged, scratched, gouged
and otherwise mangled that I'm still not sure if it was a Canon EOS-1 or a
Nikon F5.  I have never seen a body look like that before, but I could tell
that this guy meant business.  I could never shoot a wedding with a
thrasher like that--it just wouldn't fit in with the suit and wedding dress
crowd.  It's bad enough that my OM-2S has brassing.

Ken (vanity, all is vanity) Norton