RE: [OM] beginner lens question

Subject: RE: [OM] beginner lens question
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 01:22:50 -0700
Brian writes:

<< Vivitar was especially proud of the 90 2.5 macro, the 70-150
w/matched multiplier (marketing guys stated it was far better than the
75-150 Zuiko), the 35-85 varifocal and the 50 2.8 macro. >>

Thanks for that info.

I have the 1976 Popular Photography "shoot out" on normal lenses. The
50-55mm macros of about 12 leading manufacturers were bench tested.
Unfortunately, Vivitar macro came out dead last in most every measure
and aperture tested. I can't speak to the other lenses, but that data
didn't look good for the 50 f/2.8

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV