Re: [OM] Lens chatter (wuz 'Greetings and Salutations')

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens chatter (wuz 'Greetings and Salutations')
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 21:39:05 +0200
On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 11:10:58AM -0700, Lex Jenkins wrote:
> Frieder Faig offers helpfully:
> >Easy to find out.  For 1:1 magnification a lens mus be elongated for it`s
        uups, typo: mus -> must

> >focal length.  Take a ruler and meassure the lenght of the lens when
> >focused to 1:1-magnification, and subtract the lenght when focused to
> >infinity.  If it matches the focal length, it loses 2-f-Stops. If it is the
> >same (IF-lens), it loses half of effective focal lengh. If it is in
> >between, It losses an (smaller) amount of both.<
>
> Ah, OK, I got it.  I think.
>
> Mmm... could you repeat part of that... the part starting with "Easy to find
> out."

Maybe I should be more careful when translating into English ..... :-|.
I tried to explain: When a (konventioel e.g. Zuiko-80 f/4 Makro) lens is
adjusted to shoot
1:1 -magnification, the amount of the elongation of the barrel, compared to
infnity-lenght,
  is exact  the focal length.

Frieder Faig