RE: [OM] T-20 ON OLYMPUS SP RANGE FINDER

Subject: RE: [OM] T-20 ON OLYMPUS SP RANGE FINDER
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 11:20:17 +0800
Dave wrote:

> I recently acquired an SP for a car camera.  Neat little
> outfit.  But, I am
> SOO Confused.  If I put a T-20 on the hot shoe, am I better
> off to let the
> T-20 function in auto mode (thryistor controlled)  and set
> the SP accordingly
> or should I put the T-20 on manual and let the SP do it's
> automated thing.
> The instructions are not at all complete on this issue.  Anybody have
> experience with this camera?

If you set the T20 to manual and use the "flashmatic" system of the camera
you will:

1. Get maximum amount of light from the T20, which means:

2. Maximum possible DOF.

3. Maximum possible working distance.

4. Slowest recycle time for the T20.

5. Probably more consistent exposure, especially when subject is very light,
very dark or is against a very light/very dark background.

If you set the T20 to one of the auto positions you will:

1. Get a choice of 2 apertures - hence control your DOF.

2.  Limit your working distance (unless the auto aperture you select happens
to be wide open for the lens, f1.7 ~ f2).

3. Get faster recycle times for the T20 unless the subject is at the
distance limit for the selected aperture.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/