Re: [OM] Cool photo spots--Iowa edition

Subject: Re: [OM] Cool photo spots--Iowa edition
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 16:15:46 +0100
Wayne asked

> Just an aside, what is the reason for putting a roof on a bridge ?

Way off-topic - here in Wiltshire, southern England, we have walls
with thatched roofs. This is because the soil is very chalky, so chalk
was the easiest stuff to use to build the walls with, but t washes
away very easily in the rain.

Oly content - next time I'm out in the valleys on the bike I'll try
and remember to take a photo of one and find somewhere to put it so
you know I'm not kidding.

John